By being listed in our directory and accepting bookings, Speaker agrees to the following terms:
- All booking requests are made through the unique form on each Speaker’s profile.
- We expect Speakers to follow up on any inquires within 48 hours.
- Speakers who are consistently taking too long to respond to inquiries will be removed from the directory and NOT given a refund of listing fees (it gives the site and other speakers a bad reputation).
- Host is to provide a reliable video conferencing platform and clear instructions to Speaker on how to join. Speakers are free to offer input and suggestions if they feel it will aid in the success of the event.
- Details of event (topic, roles, etc.) will be worked out between Speaker (or their representative) and Host. BookACatholic.com is not involved in this part of the process.
- Speakers are encouraged to request coupon codes valid towards bookings of their own to be given out at conferences, through their website, etc.
- BookaCatholic.com retains the right to offer special “site-wide” discounts through their various marketing efforts. The limits of these discounts are as follows:
- Discounts of up to 15% at any time for various marketing specials and incentives throughout the year.
- Discounts offered by BookACatholic.com will NOT be able to be combined with any other discounts.
- Commissions to BookACatholic.com are withheld from the “post discount” amount (i.e. our commissions are discounted too).
- Affiliate Program
- All speakers are welcome to use their unique referral link to earn 10% of ANY bookings sent through their affiliate link (see our affiliate terms).
- Speakers, therefore, also agree to paying the 10% of their booking fees to the affiliates.
- Minimal payment processing fees (typically 2%-3%) are also applied.
- Our site standard is that both the Host and/or Speaker are free to cancel seven (7) days prior to the date of the event without any penalty and without the expectation that the booking will be rescheduled.
- Speaker Cancellations – Should a Speaker need to cancel, for any reason, within seven (7) days prior to the event, Speaker agrees to a full refund of the booking fees. Speaker will also provide a one-time use discount code for a booking of equal or lesser value at a future date. The amount of the discount code is based on the time of cancellation.
- two (2) days prior to the event = code for 40% off a future booking
- three (3) to seven (7) days prior to the event = 20% off a future booking
- Note: discount codes only works on same speaker.
- Host Cancellations – Should a Host need to cancel, for any reason, within seven (7) days of the booking, no refund will be given.
- It is understandable that some technical issues may arise on either the part of the Host or the Speaker.
- It is the expectation that the Host prepare well and test the technology and software being used, prior to the event, in order to minimize the potential of technical issues occurring. It should be relatively easy for a Speaker to participate. Host’s should use a common and reliable video conferencing platform.
- BookACatholic.com requires Speakers to leave a margin for error in their booking slots in order to accommodate issues involving technology. This includes a 15 minute “buffer” after each booking.
- As with all things “technology” some patience and grace may be expected on both the part of the Speaker and/or the Host. If issues do occur and an agreement can not be reached, either party can submit a request for mediation to BookACatholic.com.
By offering services through BookaCatholic.com, Speaker agrees to release from liability and waive their right to sue Cofome, LLC., their employees, officers, volunteers and agents from any and all claims, including claims of negligence, resulting in any physical injury, illness (including death) or economic loss participants may suffer or which may result from the participation in the services of the site or anything incidental to a booked event.